Jump to Main Content
- Fagète, Séverine; Steimer, Cédric; Girod, Pierre-Alain
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.305 pp. 23-26
- Chinese hamsters; animal ovaries; automation; biopharmaceuticals; business enterprises; cell culture; cell lines; cell viability; counters; labor; monitoring
- ... Cell counting and viability assessment is an integral part of mammalian cell line development. While manual counting with a hemocytometer is still the gold standard method, its subjectivity and high labor intensity has resulted in its reduced use in favor of automated systems. In addition, some of these automated systems offer multiwell plate based high throughput cell count, which is an asset for ...
- Maurer, Susanne; Schewe, Hendrik; Schrader, Jens; Buchhaupt, Markus
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.305 pp. 11-17
- Escherichia coli; NADP (coenzyme); adenosine triphosphate; aldehyde dehydrogenase; aldehydes; biotransformation; catalysts; engineering; enzyme activity; fatty acids; fatty alcohols; flavor; odor compounds; oxygen; reaction mechanisms
- ... Fatty aldehydes are among the most important flavor and fragrance compounds. Most biotechnological production approaches make use of the one step conversion of fatty acids from renewable sources by the enzymes α-dioxygenase (αDox) or carboxylic acid reductase (CAR). Their reaction mechanisms and cofactor dependencies are very different. In contrast to heme-containing αDox which requires only oxyge ...