Jump to Main Content
- Sha, Sha; Bhatia, Hemlata; Yoon, Seongkyu
- Journal of biotechnology 2018 v.271 pp. 37-46
- Chinese hamsters; biosynthesis; cell growth; cell lines; gene expression; genes; messenger RNA; monoclonal antibodies; nutrient transport; phenotype; secretion; sequence analysis; transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells are widely used in producing monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), however, these cell lines can show variants associated with productivity and growth. Fundamental understanding of cellular mechanisms can benefit high mAbs production while maintaining robust cell growth. In this study, RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) based approach was used to study the transcriptomic space amon ...
- Mathias, Sven; Fischer, Simon; Handrick, René; Fieder, Jürgen; Schulz, Patrick; Bradl, Harald; Gorr, Ingo; Gamer, Martin; Otte, Kerstin
- Journal of biotechnology 2018 v.271 pp. 47-55
- Chinese hamsters; Golgi apparatus; animal ovaries; antibodies; automation; biopharmaceuticals; cell lines; endoplasmic reticulum; fluorescence microscopy; immunoglobulin G; recombinant proteins; secretion; translation (genetics)
- ... With the advance of complex biological formats such as bispecific antibodies or fusion proteins, mammalian expression systems often show low performance. Described determining factors may be accumulation or haltering of heterologous proteins within the different cellular compartments disturbing transport or secretion. In case of the investigated bispecific antibody (bsAb)-producing Chinese hamster ...