Jump to Main Content
- Mathpati, Ashwini C.; Vyas, Vijyesh K.; Bhanage, Bhalchandra M.
- Journal of biotechnology 2017 v.262 pp. 1-10
- Burkholderia cepacia; acylation; alcohols; biocatalysts; biodegradability; carboxylic ester hydrolases; enzyme activity; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; high performance liquid chromatography; methylcellulose; molecular dynamics; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; solvents
- ... Kinetic resolution of rac-1,2-diols using the biocatalyst Burkholderia cepacia lipase (BCL) immobilized on a biodegradable binary blend support of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose(HPMC)/polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) has been investigated. The immobilization technique improved enzyme activity significantly and it has excellent recyclability with good yield and enantiomeric excess values up to the studied r ...
- Martínez, I.; El-Said Mohamed, M.; Santos, V.E.; García, J.L.; García-Ochoa, F.; Díaz, E.
- Journal of biotechnology 2017 v.262 pp. 47-55
- Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Pseudomonas; biocatalysts; chemical treatment; desulfurization; enzymes; fuels; host specificity; industrial applications; mass transfer; metabolic engineering; metals; models; oils; operon; solvents; sulfur
- ... Microbial desulfurization or biodesulfurization (BDS) is an attractive low-cost and environmentally friendly complementary technology to the hydrotreating chemical process based on the potential of certain bacteria to specifically remove sulfur from S-heterocyclic compounds of crude fuels that are recalcitrant to the chemical treatments. The 4S or Dsz sulfur specific pathway for dibenzothiophene ( ...