Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2017
- Escherichia coli; acetates; aldehyde dehydrogenase; bioreactors; enzyme activity; gene expression; glycerol; protein synthesis; transcription (genetics)
- ... Biological 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) production from glycerol is a two-step reaction catalyzed by glycerol dehydratase (GDHt) and aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH). Recombinant strains developed for 3-HP production often suffer from the accumulation of a toxic intermediate, 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde (3-HPA). In order to avoid 3-HPA accumulation, balancing of the two enzymatic activities, in the pr ...
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2012 v.157 no.4 pp. 633-640
- Chloroflexus aurantiacus; Escherichia coli; NAD (coenzyme); NADH or NADPH oxidoreductases; NADP (coenzyme); acetates; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; aerobic conditions; carbon; fatty acid metabolism; gene overexpression; genes; genetically engineered microorganisms; glucose; lactates; proteins; strains; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... Malonyl-CoA is an intermediary compound that is produced during fatty acid metabolism. Our study aimed to produce the commercially important platform chemical 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) from its immediate precursor malonyl-CoA by recombinant Escherichia coli strains heterologously expressing the mcr gene of Chloroflexus aurantiacus DSM 635, encoding an NADPH-dependent malonyl-CoA reductase (MC ...