Jump to Main Content
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2017 v.251 pp. 14-20
- Capsicum annuum; Medicago sativa; NAD (coenzyme); Tessaria; biocatalysts; callus; chalcones; enzymes; green chemistry; models; roots; screening; tissue culture
- ... While many redox enzymes are nowadays available for synthetic applications, the toolbox of ene-reductases is still limited. Consequently, the screening for these enzymes from diverse sources in the search of new biocatalyst suitable for green chemistry approaches is needed. Among 13 plant tissue cultures, Medicago sativa and Tessaria absinthioides calli, as well as Capsicum annuum hairy roots, wer ...
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2012 v.160 no.3-4 pp. 189-194
- Gardenia jasminoides; alcohols; biocatalysts; calcium alginate; cells; enzymes; immobilized cells; oxidation; screening; viability
- ... A screening based on undifferentiated plant cells allowed identifying Gardenia jasminoides as the best biocatalyst to perform the kinetic resolution of 1-phenylethanol. This species was further tested for its ability to oxidize stereoselectively the (S)-isomers from racemic mixtures of secondary alcohols leaving their antipodes unaffected in Tris–HCl buffer. Those substrates which afforded the bes ...