Jump to Main Content
- Tian, Kegong, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2016 v.223 pp. 8-12
- Escherichia coli; Porcine circovirus-2; developing countries; pH; piglets; subunit vaccines; virulence; virus-like particle vaccines; viruses
- ... We report the strategies leading to the large-production of soluble non-tag full-length porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) Cap protein in Escherichia coli. Under neutral pH condition, the purified recombinant Cap protein derived from E. coli expression self-assembles into homogenous round virus-like particle at the similar size of that of the intact PCV2 virus, which is further characterized by Cryo ...
- Tian, Kegong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2014 v.171 pp. 17-24
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus; RNA interference; blood serum; gene expression; genetic engineering; interferon-beta; piglets; porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome; pork industry; small interfering RNA; toxicity; transgenic animals; virus replication
- ... Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) is an economically devastating viral disease causing heavy losses to the swine industry worldwide. Many studies have shown that transient delivery of small interfering RNA (siRNA) or adenovirus-mediated RNA interfere (RNAi) could potentially inhibit porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) replication in vivo and in vitro. Her ...