Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Xuezhi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2020 v.389 pp. 492-501
- ammonia; carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; electron transfer; energy; engineering; hydrogen; hydrogen production; hydrolysis; platinum
- ... Understanding the metal-support interactions in heterogeneous catalysis is critical yet complicated to tailor-design the catalysts with desirable properties. Exemplified with Pt-catalyzed ammonia borane (AB) hydrolysis, a dramatic increase of 20 folds in the catalytic activity is achieved by engineering the Pt-carbon interactions via adopting four different carbon materials (AC, CNT, f-CNF and p-C ...
- Duan, Xuezhi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2020 v.385 pp. 289-299
- active sites; adsorption; carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; durability; electrons; geometry; hydrogen production; moieties; platinum; polymers
- ... Decorating the catalyst support with organic moieties to integrate multiple functionalities into metal particles offers a unique platform to promote the catalytic performance. Here, we report a mechanism-driven strategy to functionalize CNT with dual polymers, endowing the supported Pt catalyst with simultaneously enhanced hydrogen generation activity and durability. Kinetics analysis, multiple ch ...