Jump to Main Content
- Mielby, Jerrik; Kunov-Kruse, Andreas Jonas; Kegnæs, Søren
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.345 pp. 149-156
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; active sites; carbon dioxide; catalysts; catalytic activity; formates; formic acid; gold; hydrogen; isotope labeling; micelles; nanogold; renewable energy sources; silica; synthesis; temperature; vapors
- ... Formic acid has recently attracted considerable attention as a safe and convenient source of hydrogen for sustainable chemical synthesis and renewable energy storage. Here, we show that silica encapsulated and amine functionalised gold nanoparticles are highly active catalysts for the production of hydrogen by vapour phase decomposition of formic acid. The core-shell catalysts are prepared in a re ...
- Chen, Ning; Wang, Ningning; Ren, Yuxiong; Tominaga, Hiroyuki; Qian, Eika W.
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.345 pp. 124-134
- Bronsted acids; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; catalysts; catalytic activity; combustion; diesel fuel; isomerization; isomers; palmitates; silica; temperature; transmission electron microscopy; vegetable oil; zeolites
- ... To obtain diesel fuels with high combustion properties from hydrotreatment of vegetable oils, inhibiting the formation of multibranched isomers (MuBI) is highly desirable. A core@shell structural ZSM-22@SiO2 zeolite was designed to passivate external acid sites and promote the formation of monobranched isomers (MoBI), which have much higher cetane numbers than MuBI (>85 vs. <60). A series of ZSM-2 ...