Jump to Main Content
- Lackmann, Anastasia; Mahr, Christoph; Schowalter, Marco; Fitzek, Lisa; Weissmüller, Jörg; Rosenauer, Andreas; Wittstock, Arne
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.353 pp. 99-106
- acetaldehyde, etc ; catalysts; ethanol; ethyl acetate; formates; gases; gold; liquids; methanol; models; nanogold; nanopores; oxidation; oxygen; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The aerobic oxidation of methanol and ethanol in liquid phase is investigated using unsupported nanoporous gold (npAu) catalysts and compared to gas phase experiments. We pursue the question if this material is still suited as a type of model catalyst even under much more complex conditions in liquid phase. Indeed, npAu is an active catalyst for both liquid and gas phase oxidation of methanol and ...
- Liu, Peng; Li, Tao; Chen, Hanping; Hensen, Emiel J.M.
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.347 pp. 45-56
- acetaldehyde, etc ; activation energy; active oxygen species; active sites; air; catalysts; chemical bonding; copper; ethanol; gold; hydrides; hydrogen; nanogold; oxidants; oxidation; oxygen; space and time; superoxide anion; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A ternary MgCuCr2O4 spinel-supported gold nanoparticle catalyst is optimized toward high acetaldehyde productivity in gas-phase aerobic oxidation of ethanol. We investigate the structure–performance relationships of Au/MgCuCr2O4 catalysts by changing support and catalyst pretreatment to gain further insight into the Au⁰–Cu⁺ synergy. Support calcination at 700°C and catalyst prereduction result in ...