Jump to Main Content
- Wenyao Chen; Wenzhao Fu; Bingxu Chen; Chong Peng; Gang Qian; De Chen; Xuezhi Duan; Xinggui Zhou
- Journal of catalysis 2020 v.385 pp. 289-299
- active sites; adsorption; carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; durability; electrons; geometry; hydrogen production; moieties; platinum; polymers
- ... Decorating the catalyst support with organic moieties to integrate multiple functionalities into metal particles offers a unique platform to promote the catalytic performance. Here, we report a mechanism-driven strategy to functionalize CNT with dual polymers, endowing the supported Pt catalyst with simultaneously enhanced hydrogen generation activity and durability. Kinetics analysis, multiple ch ...
- Robert B. Kutz; Björn Braunschweig; Prabuddha Mukherjee; Rachel L. Behrens; Dana D. Dlott; Andrzej Wieckowski
- Journal of catalysis 2011 v.278 no.2 pp. 181-188
- platinum; acetates; isotope labeling; perchloric acid; crystals; carbon; catalytic activity; isotopes; sulfuric acid; electrochemistry; anions; oxidation; spectroscopy; surfaces; ethanol; adsorption; fuel cells; catalysts; chlorides; methane; silver; carbon monoxide
- ... Ethanol electrooxidation reaction (EOR) pathways on polycrystalline platinum were studied with broadband sum-frequency generation (BB-SFG) spectroscopy and electrochemistry in unprecedented detail and under working fuel cell conditions. We present the first observation of adsorbed acetate and co-adsorbed sulfuric acid anions with SFG and a discussion of their relation to the EOR. Surface-adsorbed ...