Jump to Main Content
- Goh, Tian Wei, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2019 v.374 pp. 136-142
- acetylene; alloys; catalysts; catalytic activity; furfural; hydrogenation; industrial applications; models; nanoparticles; stoichiometry; temperature
- ... Intermetallic compounds are unique catalyst platforms for mechanistic studies and industrial applications, because of their ordered structures in comparison to random alloys. Despite the intrinsically defined stoichiometry of intermetallic compounds, compositional deviations can still occur in intermetallic catalysts. The location of the extra metal atoms could differ the catalytic properties of i ...
- Goh, Tian Wei, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.356 pp. 307-314
- adsorption; alloys; catalysts; density functional theory; dissociation; geometry; hydrogen; hydrogenation; nanoparticles; porous media; silica
- ... Bridging the structure-properties relationship of bimetallic catalysts is essential for the rational design of heterogeneous catalysts. Different from random alloys, intermetallic compounds (IMCs) present atomically-ordered structures, which is advantageous for catalytic mechanism studies. We used Pt-based intermetallic nanoparticles (iNPs), individually encapsulated in mesoporous silica shells, a ...