Jump to Main Content
- Kumar, Neeraj; Orenday-Ortiz, Jose M.; Kiszonas, Alecia M.; Boehm, Jeffrey D.; Morris, Craig F.
- Journal of cereal science 2019 v.85 pp. 162-167
- chromosome mapping; chromosomes; cultivars; flour; genetic analysis; genetic variation; genotyping; inbred lines; linkage groups; parents; phenotype; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; seeds; single nucleotide polymorphism; spring wheat; texture
- ... Kernel texture is a key determinant of flour quality. Herein, a population of 125 recombinant inbred lines (RILs) was developed from a cross between the spring wheat cultivar Alpowa (normal soft) and a closely related uniquely ‘super soft’ line. To study the genetic variation for kernel texture, the RILs and parents were genotyped using high-density single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) markers. Po ...
- De Arcangelis, Elisa; Messia, Maria Cristina; Marconi, Emanuele
- Journal of cereal science 2019 v.85 pp. 273-278
- Hordeum vulgare; barley; beta-glucans; bioactive compounds; cultivars; diet; flour; flowering; fructans; proteins; ripening; seeds; starch
- ... To evaluate the potential of immature barley grain as a source of bioactive compounds and to elucidate the correlations between polysaccharides accumulation during barley kernel maturation, samples of barley grains (Hordeum vulgare L.) were collected at different stages after anthesis, including ripeness, and accumulation of fructan, β-glucan, total starch and proteins was studied. Fructan concent ...