Jump to Main Content
- Galotta, María Florencia; Roberts, Irma N.
- Journal of cereal science 2019 v.85 pp. 105-110
- corn; crops; developmental stages; dyes; enzyme activity; germination; hydrolysis; nitroanilines; physiological response; protocols; rice; seeds; serine; serine proteinases; synthetic peptides; wheat
- ... Plant proteolytic enzymes belonging to the S8 family of serine proteases are known as subtilases or subtilisin-like proteases. Subtilases compose the largest family of plant serine peptidases and have been associated to a wide range of physiological responses and developmental stages. We here describe a simple and fast method to reveal subtilase activity in vivo in germinating seeds of different c ...
- Tokpohozin, Sedjro Emile; Fischer, Susann; Becker, Thomas
- Journal of cereal science 2019 v.85 pp. 192-198
- Lactobacillus paracasei; Lactobacillus plantarum; Sorghum bicolor; acidification; amino acid composition; amino nitrogen; beers; beta-amylase; branched chain amino acids; enzyme activity; hydrolysis; isoamyl alcohol; isoleucine; landraces; leucine; malting; mash; nitrogen; odors; saccharification; seeds; valine
- ... Traditional sorghum beer processing based on uncontrolled malting and mashing conditions limits significant saccharification. We optimized the amylase activity of west African sorghum to improve saccharification. Furthermore, we bio-acidified the mash with Lactobacillus plantarum (ND-32, ND-130), Lactobacillus paracasei ND-34, and studied its impact on wort nitrogen, especially the branched amino ...