Jump to Main Content
- Simeone, M.C.; Gedye, K.R.; Mason-Gamer, R.; Gill, B.S.; Morris, C.F.
- Journal of cereal science 2006 v.44 no.1 pp. 21
- Triticum urartu; Triticum monococcum subsp. aegilopoides; Triticum monococcum subsp. monococcum; Aegilops speltoides; Aegilops searsii; Aegilops bicornis; Aegilops tauschii; Aegilops sharonensis; plant proteins; promoter regions; nucleotide sequences; mutation; point mutation; regulatory sequences; alleles; evolution; amino acid sequences
- ... Kernel texture ('hardness') is an important trait that determines end-use quality of wheat (Triticum aestivum L. and Triticum turgidum ssp. durum [Desf.] Husn.). Variation in texture is associated with the presence/absence or sequence polymorphism of two proteins, puroindoline a and puroindoline b. This work describes the flanking and coding region sequences of puroindoline genes from 25 accession ...
- DuPont, F.M.; Hurkman, W.J.; Vensel, W.H.; Chan, R.; Lopez, R.; Tanaka, C.K.; Altenbach, S.B.
- Journal of cereal science 2006 v.44 no.1 pp. 101
- Triticum aestivum; hard red spring wheat; seed development; filling period; air temperature; nutrient availability; plant nutrition; nitrogen; phosphorus; potassium; fertilizer application; NPK fertilizers; protein synthesis; wheat flour; protein composition; gliadin; glutenins; baking quality; breads
- ... Hard red spring wheat (Triticum aestivum cv Butte86) was grown under controlled environmental conditions and grain produced under 24/17 °C, 37/17 °C or 37/28 °C day/night regimens with or without post-anthesis N supplied as NPK. Flour proteins were analyzed and quantified by differential fractionation and RP-HPLC, and endosperm proteins were assessed by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-DE). ...