Jump to Main Content
- Bae, Woosung; Lee, Bon; Hou, Gary G.; Lee, Suyong
- Journal of cereal science 2014 v.60 no.3 pp. 520-525
- frozen dough, etc ; adverse effects; ambient temperature; antioxidant activity; baking quality; bread dough; dietary fiber; dough development; extensibility; firmness; frozen storage; gelatinization; loaves; pasting properties; starch; texture; wheat; wheat flour; white bread; whole grain flour; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Whole-grain wheat flour was utilized in a frozen bread dough system and its functional and baking performances were characterized for bake off applications. Whole-grain wheat flour high in dietary fibers (11.84%) exhibited greater water hydration properties than white wheat flour at room temperature. The opposite results were however observed upon starch gelatinization which could be correlated to ...
- Xu, Hua-Neng; Huang, Weining; Jia, Chunli; Kim, Yangsoo; Liu, Huiping
- Journal of cereal science 2009 v.49 no.2 pp. 250-253
- frozen dough, etc ; breadmaking quality; dough development; frozen storage; volume; wheat flour; freeze-thaw cycles; storage time; Triticum aestivum; breads; water holding capacity; winter wheat; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The effects of ice structuring proteins (ISPs) from white wheat and storage conditions on the water holding capacity (WHC) and breadmaking properties of frozen dough were investigated. The WHC of frozen dough was measured by centrifugation and the breadmaking properties were assessed as proofing time and bread specific volume. It was found that the prolonged frozen storage and freeze-thaw cycles d ...