Jump to Main Content
- Sweley, Jess C.; Meyer, Michael C.; Rose, Devin J.; Jackson, David S.
- Journal of cereal science 2012 v.56 no.2 pp. 276-281
- popcorn, etc ; correlation; dietary fiber; hybrids; new products; new variety; oils; oleic acid; popping; statistical models; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to understand what factors influence the formation of different shapes of popped popcorn through the development of statistical models. Microwave popcorn popping was conducted across a range of microwave wattages (750–1240W) and oil additions (0–30%) using a set of three popcorn hybrids grown in three environments. After popping, expansion volume was measured and th ...
- Sweley, Jess C.; Rose, Devin J.; Jackson, David S.
- Journal of cereal science 2012 v.55 no.2 pp. 188-194
- popcorn, etc ; bags; dietary fiber; environmental impact; hybrids; lipids; mineral content; oils; popping; protein content; seeds; starch; sugars; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to characterize the effect of hybrid and environment on physical and chemical characteristics of popcorn kernels that have shown importance in predicting end-use quality. Three popcorn hybrids grown in three different environments were tested for physiochemical attributes and popping performance. Hybrid had a significant effect on kernel sphericity, time-to-grind, d ...