Jump to Main Content
- Soques, Stephanie; Vásquez, Gissella M.; Grozinger, Christina M.; Gould, Fred
- Journal of chemical ecology 2010 v.36 no.11 pp. 1226-1233
- Heliothis subflexa; Heliothis virescens; antennae; binding proteins; gene expression; genes; males; moths; neurons; odor compounds; receptors; sex pheromones
- ... In biological systems, it is expected that gene expression levels generally will correlate with temporally varying physiological and biological needs, and that gene expression levels could regulate biological capabilities. In moth species, male response to female sex pheromones often is affected by moth age and mating status. Odorant receptors (ORs) expressed in neurons within male antennae are cr ...
- Puthoff, David P.; Holzer, Frances M.; Perring, Thomas M.; Walling, Linda L.
- Journal of chemical ecology 2010 v.36 no.11 pp. 1271-1285
- Bemisia argentifolii; RNA; Trialeurodes vaporariorum; abscisic acid; ammonia; chitinase; crushing; ethylene; gene expression; genes; insects; jasmonic acid; leaves; leucyl aminopeptidase; nymphs; pathogens; phenylalanine; proteinases; salicylic acid; tomatoes
- ... The temporal and spatial expression of tomato wound- and defense-response genes to Bemisia tabaci biotype B (the silverleaf whitefly) and Trialeurodes vaporariorum (the greenhouse whitefly) feeding were characterized. Both species of whiteflies evoked similar changes in tomato gene expression. The levels of RNAs for the methyl jasmonic acid (MeJA)- or ethylene-regulated genes that encode the basic ...
- PubMed Central: