Jump to Main Content
- Siljander, Eric; Gries, Regine; Khaskin, Grigori; Gries, Gerhard
- Journal of chemical ecology 2008 v.34 no.6 pp. 708-718
- Cimex lectularius; aggregation pheromones; volatile compounds; chemical composition; olfactometry; aggregation behavior
- ... Adults and juveniles of the common bed bug, Cimex lectularius L. (Hemiptera: Cimicidae), return to and aggregate in harborages after foraging for hosts. We tested the hypothesis that the aggregation is mediated, in part, by an airborne aggregation pheromone. Volatiles from experimental C. lectularius harborages were captured on Porapak Q, fractionated by liquid chromatography, and bioassayed in du ...
- Steinebrunner, Fabrizio; Schiestl, Florian P.; Leuchtmann, Adrian
- Journal of chemical ecology 2008 v.34 no.6 pp. 772-782
- Epichloe; endophytes; volatile compounds; races; interspecific variation; grasses; insect attractants; host plants; phylogeny; Anthomyiidae; odors; pollinating insects; fungi
- ... Odor is a key trait for pollinator attraction in flowering plants, and many studies have investigated odor evolution in the light of pollinator selection by emphasizing the importance of the plant phylogenetic history. By contrast, little is known on the evolution of odors in fungus-insect interactions. In this study, profiles of three volatile compounds that are emitted by grass-inhabiting Epichl ...