Jump to Main Content
- Simões, Kelly; Du, Jiang; Kretzschmar, Fernanda S.; Broeckling, Corey D.; Stermitz, Frank S.; Vivanco, Jorge M.; Braga, Marcia R.
- Journal of chemical ecology 2008 v.34 no.5 pp. 681-687
- Sesbania; weeds; seeds; leachates; chemical constituents of plants; catechin; quercetin; phytotoxins; allelochemicals; allelopathy; Arabidopsis thaliana; Oryza sativa; rice; plant growth
- ... Sesbania virgata (Cav.) Pers (wand riverhemp) is a fast-growing tropical legume species that has been used for revegetation of riparian forests and rehabilitation of degraded areas and that exhibits an invasive behavior in certain regions of Brazil. Preliminary studies have shown that seed leachates inhibit the germination and development of seedlings of some crop species. In this study, we report ...
- Macías, Francisco A.; López, Adriana; Varela, Rosa M.; Torres, Ascensión; Molinillo, José M. G.
- Journal of chemical ecology 2008 v.34 no.1 pp. 65-69
- Helianthus annuus; plant extracts; chemical constituents of plants; glucosides; diterpenoids; chemical structure; bioactive properties; chemical concentration; allelopathy; Triticum aestivum; wheat; coleoptiles; bioassays
- ... A new ent-kaurane glucoside, named helikauranoside A (4), was isolated from the aerial parts of Helianthus annuus L. together with three known ent-kaurane-type diterpenoids: (-)-kaur-16-en-19-oic acid (1), grandifloric acid (2), and paniculoside IV (3). The structure of 4 was determined by using a combination of 1D (¹H-NMR and ¹³C-NMR) and 2D (COSY, HSQC, and HMBC) NMR techniques. Bioactivity spec ...