Jump to Main Content
- Tellez, M.; Estell, R.; Fredrickson, E.; Powell, J.; Wedge, D.; Schrader, K.; Kobaisy, M.
- Journal of chemical ecology 2001 v.27 no.11 pp. 2263
- Flourensia; volatile compounds; fractionation; pesticidal properties; antifungal properties; chemical constituents of plants; monoterpenoids
- ... The chemical components of tarbush (Flourensia cernua) leaves were fractionated by extracting successively with hexanes, diethyl ether, and ethanol. Volatile profiles of each fraction were identified by using GC-MS. The hexanes fraction contained mostly monoterpenoids, while the ethanol fraction volatiles were primarily sesquiterpenoids. Crude fractions were tested for activity against fungi, alga ...
- Estell, R.; Tellez, M.; Fredrickson, E.; Anderson, D.; Havstad, K.; Remmenga, M.
- Journal of chemical ecology 2001 v.27 no.11 pp. 2275
- Flourensia; lamb feeding; antifeedants; lambs; palatability; chemical constituents of plants
- ... Effects of three extracts (hexanes, ether, and ethanol) from tarbush (Flourensia cernua) on intake of alfalfa pellets by lambs were examined. Forty-five ewe lambs were fed one of five treatments for five days (randomized complete block, three lambs per block on each treatment). Treatments were alfalfa pellets (CON) or alfalfa pellets plus ethanol carrier (CAR), hexanes extract (HEX), ether extract ...