Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, J.; Kozlov, M.V.; Philipp, P.; Francke, W.; Lofstedt, C.
- Journal of chemical ecology 1995 v.21 no.1 pp. 29-43
- Lepidoptera; sex pheromones; chemical composition; chemical analysis; electrophysiology; enantiomers; attractants; trapping; phylogeny; extracts
- ... Extracts from different body parts of adult female Eriocrania cicatricella (Zett.) were tested for electrophysiological activity on conspecific male antennae. Extracts from the Vth abdominal segment, containing a pair of exocrine glands, elicited the largest electroantennographic response when compared to extracts of other body parts. Female extracts were analyzed by gas chromatograpy with simulta ...
- Toth, M.; Szocs, G.; Hieukerken, E.J. van.; Philipp, P.; Schmidt, F.; Francke, W.
- Journal of chemical ecology 1995 v.21 no.1 pp. 13-27
- sex pheromones; chemical composition; chemical analysis; chemical structure
- ... Short-chain unsaturated chiral methyl carbinols are identified as a new class of lepidopteran pheromone components. The natural female-produced pheromone of the banded apple pigmy Stigmella malella (= Nepticula malella) (Stainton) (Lepidoptera: Nepticulidae) was identified to be a mixture of (S)-(E)-6,8-nonadien-2-ol and (S)-(Z)-6,8-nonadien-2-ol. For monitoring traps, a 10:3 E:Z blend at 100-1000 ...