Jump to Main Content
- Teal, P.E.A.; Oostendorp, A.
- Journal of chemical ecology 1995 v.21 no.1 pp. 59-67
- Heliothis virescens; Heliothis subflexa; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; backcrossing; sex pheromones; biological production; genes; phenotype; animal glands; males
- ... Pheromone produced by the hairpencil glands of interspecific hybrid- and backcross-generation males from crosses between Heliothis virescens (F.) with H. subflexa (Gn.) was studied. Males of reciprocal F1 hybrids, all of which had hairpencil glands morphologically similar to those of H. virescens, produced neither the same pheromone blend nor amounts of pheromone that were produced by males of H. ...
- Tingle, F.C.; Mitchell, E.R.; Baumhover, A.H.
- Journal of chemical ecology 1978 v.4 no.4 pp. 471-479
- Heliothis subflexa; Heliothis virescens; Helicoverpa zea; sex pheromones; sex attractants; trapping; pheromone traps; backcrossing; hybrids; mating behavior; olfactometry; wind tunnels; nocturnal activity
- ... Electric grid traps baited with Heliothis subflexa (Guenée), H. virescens (F.), or H. zea (Boddie) females captured conspecific males with few exceptions.Heliothis subflexa females reduced the attraction ofH. virescens and H. zea males when used as bait simultaneously with females of either of these two species. Backcrosses were made with H. virescens males and female hybrids from a cross between ...