Jump to Main Content
- Ngabura, Mohammed; Hussain, Siti Aslina; Ghani, Wan Azlina WAK; Jami, Mohammed S; Tan, Yen P
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.5 pp. 1384-1396
- adsorbents; adsorption; biosorbents; biosorption; carbon; durians; hemicellulose; hulls; kinetics; lead; moieties; pH; response surface methodology; sorption isotherms; temperature; water pollution
- ... BACKGROUND: Biosorption of lead Pb(II) by durian husk activated carbon (DHAC) was investigated. The main aim of this work is to explore the effect of operating variables such as pH, biosorbent dose, temperature, initial metal ion concentration and contact time on the removal of Pb(II) from synthesized aqueous medium using a response surface methodology (RSM) technique. The experimentation was perf ...
- Pongkua, Waleeporn; Dolphen, Rujira; Thiravetyan, Paitip
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.5 pp. 1551-1558
- adsorbents; adsorption; bagasse; carbon; combustion; gasoline; human health; moieties; nitric acid; potassium hydroxide; sulfuric acid; surface area
- ... BACKGROUND: Methyl tert‐butyl ether (MTBE), an anti‐knocking reagent emitted from incomplete gasoline combustion can affect human health. Bagasse activated carbon (AC) was modified by H₂SO₄, KOH, CaCl₂/HCl and HNO₃ to increase surface area and surface functional groups which led to enhance MTBE adsorption. RESULTS: The results showed maximum adsorption capacity (Qₘₐₓ) of MTBE by bagasse AC modifie ...