Jump to Main Content
- Zhan, Yingqing; Zhao, Shumei; Wan, Xinyi; He, Shuangjiang
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.5 pp. 1638-1650
- adsorbents; adsorption; coprecipitation; dopamine; energy; iron oxides; magnetic materials; magnetism; methylene blue; microstructure; models; nanoparticles; recycling; sorption isotherms; surface area; water solubility
- ... BACKGROUND: The development of efficient and sustainable adsorbents is still a challenge for dye removal in practical applications. Here a method to prepare hierarchical Fe₃O₄‐derived organic/inorganic hybrid adsorbents for methylene blue removal is demonstrated. Typically, two different structured magnetic nanoparticles were synthesized through solvothermal route and chemical co‐precipitation (na ...
- Ngabura, Mohammed; Hussain, Siti Aslina; Ghani, Wan Azlina WAK; Jami, Mohammed S; Tan, Yen P
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.5 pp. 1384-1396
- adsorbents; adsorption; biosorbents; biosorption; carbon; durians; hemicellulose; hulls; kinetics; lead; moieties; pH; response surface methodology; sorption isotherms; temperature; water pollution
- ... BACKGROUND: Biosorption of lead Pb(II) by durian husk activated carbon (DHAC) was investigated. The main aim of this work is to explore the effect of operating variables such as pH, biosorbent dose, temperature, initial metal ion concentration and contact time on the removal of Pb(II) from synthesized aqueous medium using a response surface methodology (RSM) technique. The experimentation was perf ...