Jump to Main Content
- Kabdaşlı, Işık; Atalay, Zeynep; Tünay, Olcay
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2017 v.92 no.12 pp. 2921-2928
- acetates; acetic acid; chlorides; crystallization; ions; magnesium ammonium phosphate; nutrients; sodium; sulfates; wastewater
- ... BACKGROUND: Struvite precipitation has been applied to several types of wastewater for removal and recovery of nutrients. Engineering criteria for these applications, particularly crystallization, have yet to be developed. In the present study, effects of solution composition on the induction period and crystallization rate of struvite were experimentally investigated. Experiments were conducted a ...
- Rodenas, Pau; Zhu, Fangqi; ter Heijne, Annemiek; Sleutels, Tom; Saakes, Michel; Buisman, Cees
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2017 v.92 no.12 pp. 2963-2968
- acetates; bacteria; bicarbonates; bioanodes; bioelectrochemistry; biofilm; carbon; cathodes; copper; hydrogen; mass transfer; mixing; oxidation; solubility
- ... BACKGROUND: Bioelectrochemical systems (BESs) are capable of recovery of metals at a cathode through oxidation of organic substrate at an anode. Recently, also hydrogen gas was used as an electron donor for recovery of copper in BESs. Oxidation of hydrogen gas produced a current density of 0.8 A m‐² and combined with Cu²⁺ reduction at the cathode, produced 0.25 W m‐². The main factor limiting curr ...
- PubMed Central: