Jump to Main Content
- Wohlgemuth, Roland
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2007 v.82 no.12 pp. 1055-1062
- biocatalysis; drugs; ingredients
- ... The path to new chemical entities often shows the limitations of existing tools both in biocatalysis and organic chemistry. Organic synthetic procedures to prepare a compound in a target-oriented synthesis can damage other functional parts of the molecule. Protection-deprotection schemes can lead to a dead end, when a certain protecting group cannot be cleaved off. In biocatalysis, on the other ha ...
- Mihovilovic, Marko D.
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2007 v.82 no.12 pp. 1067-1071
- biocatalysis; biopolymers; biotransformation; catalysts
- ... The combination of biotransformations and metal-assisted catalysis within hybrid systems represents a promising strategy to extend the repertoire of reactions enabled in a biomolecular environment. Both covalent catalytic entities and supramolecular assemblies have been created recently to mediate transformations otherwise difficult to perform in 'classical' biocatalysis. In this context, various ...