Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Wenguang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.4 pp. 1057-1063
- air; air quality; hydrogels; microalgae; oxygen; oxygen production; pH; particulates; water content
- ... BACKGROUND: Low oxygen content and high density of airborne fine particulates in closed environments are serious problems threatening people's health. Herein a novel concept of using microalgae for air purification is proposed, and approaches, including the construction of a condensed microalgae film and the use of hydrogel, to realize this concept in a real‐world application are discussed. RESULT ...
- Zhou, Wenguang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2009 v.84 no.5 pp. 777-781
- Chlorella; Helianthus tuberosus; Jerusalem artichokes; algal oils; biodiesel; biomass; carbon; cost effectiveness; ethanol production; hydrolysates; linoleic acid; lipid content; microalgae; oleic acid; transesterification; tubers
- ... BACKGROUND: As a potential source of biomass, Jerusalem artichoke has been studied for bioethanol production; however, thus far it has not been investigated for the production of other liquid biofuels, such as biodiesel. This work aims to develop a novel approach for biodiesel production from Jerusalem artichoke tuber using heterotrophic microalgae.RESULTS: In this study, Chlorella protothecoides ...