Jump to Main Content
- Christou, Chrysanthi; Poulli, Evdokia; Yiannopoulos, Stelios; Agapiou, Agapios
- Journal of chromatography 2019 v.1116 pp. 60-64
- adulterated products; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; carbohydrates; carob; derivatization; fruits; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; legumes; organic foods; polyols; syrups; traditional foods; Cyprus
- ... D-pinitol (3-O-methyl-D-chiro-inositol) is a well-known bioactive compound with anti-diabetic and anti-oxidant biological functions. A gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC–MS) method was developed for its quantitation in carob syrup, flesh and seed samples originated from Cyprus. The analysis was performed after derivatization of carbohydrates and polyols into trimethylsilyl ether derivatives. ...
- García Becerra, Cristian; Baez, Francisco; Lucangioli, Silvia; Flor, Sabrina; Tripodi, Valeria
- Journal of chromatography 2019 v.1116 pp. 24-29
- antioxidants; blood; chromatography; cleaning; coenzyme Q10; electron transport chain; guidelines; mitochondria; patients; polymers; processing time; solid phase extraction; tandem mass spectrometry; urine
- ... Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an important cofactor in the mitochondrial respiratory chain and a potent endogenous antioxidant. CoQ10 deficiency is currently associated with numerous diseases like mitochondrial and neurodegenerative pathologies, in which the earliest diagnosis and treatment with CoQ10 supplementation becomes paramount for patient's treatment. Consequently, the determination of CoQ10 lev ...