Jump to Main Content
- Serena Scortichini; Maria Chiara Boarelli; Stefania Silvi; Dennis Fiorini
- Journal of chromatography 2020 v.1143 pp. 121972
- acetic acid; acidification; chemical species; derivatization; ethyl ether; feces; fermentation; flame ionization; hexanoic acid; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; mice; polyethylene glycol; propionic acid; quantitative analysis; rats
- ... Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) are gut microbiota metabolites recognized for their beneficial effects on the host organism. In this study, a simple and rapid sample preparation method combined to SCFAs analysis by direct injection and gas chromatography coupled with flame ionization detection (GC-FID), for the determination and quantification of eight SCFAs (acetic, propionic, i-butyric, butyric, ...
- J. Vuts; D.M. Magalhães; A.L. Soares; A.A.W. Ratnayaka; J.C. Caulfield; M.A. Birkett
- Journal of chromatography 2020 v.1161 pp. 122451
- Diabrotica; chemical ecology; chemical species; corn; electrophysiology; ethyl ether; lipophilicity; methanol; polydimethylsiloxane; rhizosphere; sand; semiochemicals; silicon; soil; solvents; vapors; water content
- ... The extraction of small lipophilic molecules (SLMs) in the soil-root interface that play a role in belowground ecological interactions between plants and insect herbivores was investigated. Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) microtubing has been shown to absorb root SLMs selectively in low-disturbance setups, where analytes were extracted from the polymer with methanol. This technique was adapted to isol ...