Jump to Main Content
- Santana-Rodríguez, José Juan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2017
- aquatic ecosystems; drug residues; effluents; hospitals; ionization; neoplasms; statistical analysis; tandem mass spectrometry; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Canary Islands; Spain
- ... Every year, hundreds of tons of organic pollutants reach the environment through effluents released from wastewater treatment plants worldwide, and many of these compounds have harmful effects on the aquatic ecosystem. A new class of emerging pollutants of high concern is cytostatic drugs, which are designed to treat different types of cancers by attacking cells. Environmental concentrations of cy ...
- Santana-Rodríguez, José Juan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2016 v.1437 pp. 116-126
- androgens; cellulose; chemists; desorption; detection limit; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; microextraction; osmosis; pH; pollutants; progestational hormones; solvents; sorbents; statistical analysis; tandem mass spectrometry; tap water; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; urine; wastewater
- ... Androgens and progestogens are two important groups of endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) which are implicated to produce severe detrimental impact over aquatic biota, even at very low concentrations of ngL−1. For this reason, one of the major challenges to analytical chemists is the development of sensitive and selective extraction processes which allow the rapid and green determination of the ...