Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jing; Carmella, Steven G.; Hecht, Stephen S.
- Journal of chromatography 2017 v.1044-1045 pp. 127-131
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; carcinogens; chromatography; cigarettes; enantiomers; humans; ionization; metabolites; nornicotine; rats; separation; tandem mass spectrometry; urine; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... We have developed a chiral stationary phase liquid chromatography-nanoelectrospray ionization-high resolution tandem mass spectrometry (LC–NSI–HRMS/MS) method to investigate the enantiomeric composition of low parts per trillion amounts of the carcinogen N'-nitrosonornicotine (NNN) in the urine of cigarette smokers and smokeless tobacco users. (S)-NNN is the major enantiomer in tobacco and is more ...
- PubMed Central:
- Wu, Jingcun; Rickert, William S.; Masters, Andrew
- Journal of chromatography 2012 v.1264 pp. 40-47
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; acetonitrile; cigarettes; detection limit; gas chromatography; high performance liquid chromatography; isomers; mass spectrometry; methanol; particle size; phenols; solvents; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... An improved HPLC method has been developed for the determination of major phenolic compounds in cigarette smoke. A novel reversed phase column with a pentafluorophenylpropyl (PFP) ligand in the stationary phase was chosen to separate the positional isomers (p-, m-, and o-cresols). Methanol instead of acetonitrile was used as the organic mobile phase component to improve the separation of the isome ...
- Marclay, François; Saugy, Martial
- Journal of chromatography 2010 v.1217 no.48 pp. 7528-7538
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; athletes; cotinine; drug therapy; games; hydrophilicity; ionization; liquid chromatography; liquid-liquid extraction; metabolites; monitoring; nicotine; sports; storage time; tandem mass spectrometry; urine; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Consumption of nicotine in the form of smokeless tobacco (snus, snuff, chewing tobacco) or nicotine-containing medication (gum, patch) may benefit sport practice. Indeed, use of snus seems to be a growing trend and investigating nicotine consumption amongst professional athletes is of major interest to sport authorities. Thus, a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method for ...