Jump to Main Content
- Shahzad, Khurram; Čuček, Lidija; Sagir, Muhammad; Ali, Nadeem; Rashid, Muhammad Imtiaz; Nazir, Ruqia; Nizami, Abdul Sattar; Al-Turaif, Hamad A.; Ismail, Iqbal Mohammad Ibrahim
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 683-695
- carbon dioxide; carbon footprint; electricity; energy conservation; energy efficiency; environmental impact; feasibility studies; fluorescence; lamps; light emitting diodes; public parks; renewable energy sources; sodium; systems engineering
- ... The recognition of the humans, vehicles or any other objects in the outdoor environment, such as roads, streets, pedestrian ways, car parking and public parks, is only possible with illumination after dark. The outdoor lighting consumes significant amounts of electricity. The best short-term payout period for reduction in energy consumption is implementation of energy efficiency solutions. A shift ...
- Wang, Qian; Li, Xiao-Yi; Zhang, Zhan-Tao; Tao, Zhi-Lin; Tang, Bao-Jun
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 18-28
- business enterprises; carbon; carbon dioxide; case studies; cigarettes; drying; emissions; energy; energy conservation; industry; issues and policy; leaves; models; China
- ... As one of the major carbon dioxide emitter, industrial sector has attracted considerable attention of the whole society on the energy saving and emissions reduction issue. Since the tobacco primary process has the typical characteristics of process industry, and it represents about 80% of the total energy consumption of cigarette production, this paper proposes an integrated model employing the e- ...