Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Qian; Li, Xiao-Yi; Zhang, Zhan-Tao; Tao, Zhi-Lin; Tang, Bao-Jun
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 18-28
- business enterprises; carbon; carbon dioxide; case studies; cigarettes; drying; emissions; energy; energy conservation; industry; issues and policy; leaves; models; China
- ... As one of the major carbon dioxide emitter, industrial sector has attracted considerable attention of the whole society on the energy saving and emissions reduction issue. Since the tobacco primary process has the typical characteristics of process industry, and it represents about 80% of the total energy consumption of cigarette production, this paper proposes an integrated model employing the e- ...
- Tang, Xu; Jin, Yi; Feng, Cuiyang; McLellan, Benjamin C.
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 8-17
- chemical industry; energy; metals; mining; pressing; water conservation; water resources; China
- ... China's Eleventh Five-Year Plan and Twelfth Five-Year Plan explicitly proposed the strict control of the total amount and intensity of energy and water consumption. However, the synergy between energy and water resources conservation has rarely been taken into consideration, thereby making it difficult to maximize conservation. This study selects three major energy sectors for the assessment and o ...