Jump to Main Content
- Ahl, Amanda; Eklund, Johanna; Lundqvist, Per; Yarime, Masaru
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 50-59
- bioenergy; biomass; business enterprises; emissions; energy; energy policy; forest certification; forests; heat; infrastructure; interviews; models; quality control; stakeholders; supply chain; traditions; transportation; wood; Japan
- ... Small-scale woody biomass energy systems have an inherent ability to aid in emissions reduction while stimulating local economies and, as collective energy systems, are strongly connected to supply chain design based on local conditions and stakeholder integration. Despite an abundance of forest area alongside the promotion of biomass in energy policies, however, woody biomass utilization still re ...
- Wang, Qian; Li, Xiao-Yi; Zhang, Zhan-Tao; Tao, Zhi-Lin; Tang, Bao-Jun
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 18-28
- business enterprises; carbon; carbon dioxide; case studies; cigarettes; drying; emissions; energy; energy conservation; industry; issues and policy; leaves; models; China
- ... As one of the major carbon dioxide emitter, industrial sector has attracted considerable attention of the whole society on the energy saving and emissions reduction issue. Since the tobacco primary process has the typical characteristics of process industry, and it represents about 80% of the total energy consumption of cigarette production, this paper proposes an integrated model employing the e- ...