Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Qian; Li, Xiao-Yi; Zhang, Zhan-Tao; Tao, Zhi-Lin; Tang, Bao-Jun
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 18-28
- business enterprises; carbon; carbon dioxide; case studies; cigarettes; drying; emissions; energy; energy conservation; industry; issues and policy; leaves; models; China
- ... As one of the major carbon dioxide emitter, industrial sector has attracted considerable attention of the whole society on the energy saving and emissions reduction issue. Since the tobacco primary process has the typical characteristics of process industry, and it represents about 80% of the total energy consumption of cigarette production, this paper proposes an integrated model employing the e- ...
- Mérida García, A.; Fernández García, I.; Camacho Poyato, E.; Montesinos Barrios, P.; Rodríguez Díaz, J.A.
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.175 pp. 670-682
- agricultural industry; carbon dioxide; energy; energy costs; farms; global warming; greenhouse gas emissions; irradiation; irrigation requirement; irrigation scheduling; irrigation systems; irrigation water; models; olives; orchards; power generation; profitability; soil water; soil water balance; solar collectors; solar energy; solar radiation; Spain
- ... In recent years, pressurized pipe networks have improved the efficiency of irrigation systems while substantially increasing their energy demand. The progressive rise in energy costs makes it difficult to maintain the profitability of agricultural holdings. Moreover, global warming is a serious problem that threatens the environment worldwide and low CO2 emission processes should be promoted. To a ...