Jump to Main Content
- Quan, Xie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2017 v.149 pp. 1101-1108
- Geobacter; activated carbon; activated sludge; anaerobic digestion; electron transfer; fermentation; methane production; methanogens; wastewater treatment
- ... Anaerobic digestion of waste activated sludge is frequently restricted with the slow fermentation rate due to its complex components. Carbon materials have been reported to enhance syntrophic metabolism of anaerobic wastewater treatment, but its function in anaerobic digestion of sludge has yet to be investigated. In this study granular activated carbon (GAC) was added into a batch-mode anaerobic ...
- Quan, Xie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2017 v.141 pp. 612-625
- acid deposition; energy; expert opinion; harvesting; models; multi-criteria decision making; nitrogen oxides; oils; pollution control; public policy; renewable energy sources; river deltas; water harvesting; water supply; Nigeria
- ... Acid-rain has evolved into a robust, diverse and dynamic spectra of studies in contemporary times. The significant role of rain water harvesting as a major source of water supply, especially in high harvesting potential regions like the Niger delta of Nigeria, the core area of oil exploratory activities and where gas flaring a major cause of acid rain is rife, prompts serious concerns. Unlike prev ...