Jump to Main Content
- Mujica, María; Blanco, Gabriel; Santalla, Estela
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.116 pp. 50-60
- beehives; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon footprint; climate change; data collection; energy efficiency; exports; flavor; fossil fuels; freight; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; honey; international trade; interviews; life cycle assessment; markets; meat; methane; nitrous oxide; public services and goods; stakeholders; surveys; wines; Argentina
- ... The urgent need to mitigate the emissions of gases that contribute to climate change is creating a new scenario for the international trade of goods and services. Countries that are making efforts to reduce those emissions are now demanding that imported goods contain low levels of embedded carbon for those goods to fairly compete with locally produced products. For this purpose the implementation ...
- Røyne, Frida; Peñaloza, Diego; Sandin, Gustav; Berlin, Johanna; Svanström, Magdalena
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.116 pp. 90-99
- aerosols; carbon; carbon sequestration; case studies; climate; decision making; forest products; fuels; global warming potential; land use change; life cycle assessment; product life cycle
- ... As life cycle assessments are often conducted to provide decision support, it is important that impact assessment methodology is consistent with the intended decision context. The currently most used climate impact assessment metric, the global warming potential, and how it is applied in life cycle assessments, has for example been criticised for insufficiently accounting for carbon sequestration, ...