Jump to Main Content
- Palhares, Julio Cesar Pascale, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.135 pp. 9-19
- broiler chickens; carcass weight; case studies; chicken meat; cleaning; computer software; cooling; corn; drinking; drinking water; energy; farming systems; farms; finishing; meat consumption; models; poultry production; water utilization; Brazil
- ... The expected increase in broiler meat consumption in Brazil in future will lead to further increase in water use. The objective of this study was to quantify water productivity of four Brazilian broiler farms. Water use in the four farming systems was analyzed in terms of feed production, drinking, cleaning, and cooling. One focus was the crop water productivity of the respective corn and soy prod ...
- Romano, Cesar A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.120 pp. 157-163
- arsenic; barium; cadmium; ceramics; chromium; cleaning; climate change; copper; heavy metals; laundry; leaching; lead; mercury; modulus of rupture; oils; paints; raw materials; shrinkage; sludge; soil pollution; solubility; surface water; temperature; waste utilization; water uptake; zinc; Brazil
- ... Permanently increasing number of industrial and municipal wastes accumulated in the dumps, inevitably leads to contamination of soils, surface waters and subterranean waters, the atmosphere and is a perceptible factor of climate change on our planet.This paper is one more proof that waste utilization, as a valuable source of components for new materials production, is environmentally and economica ...