Jump to Main Content
- Holm, Tove; Vuorisalo, Timo; Sammalisto, Kaisu
- Journal of cleaner production 2015 v.106 pp. 155-163
- Scandinavia, etc ; higher education; management systems; quality control; sustainable development; universities; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... There is a need for new approaches for enhancing education for sustainable development in universities. Memetics, which is about effective pathways of communication, could be such a new, promising approach. Quality assurance is required in universities to secure and improve education, which could be another approach. The aim of this study is to look into whether and how frameworks for processes an ...
- Holm, Tove; Sammalisto, Kaisu; Grindsted, Thomas S.; Vuorisalo, Timo
- Journal of cleaner production 2015 v.106 pp. 164-174
- Scandinavia, etc ; curriculum; higher education; learning; management systems; monitoring; planning; quality control; stakeholders; sustainable development; universities; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Sustainability aspects in higher education must be enhanced with more concrete actions. Universities are globally required to have quality assurance to secure and improve teaching and learning, and they use management systems to this aim. Integrating education for sustainable development and management systems are alike in that they are based on continuous improvement and systematic thinking; for ...