Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, M.L.M.; Lima, R.M.F.
- Journal of cleaner production 2012 v.32 pp. 149-156
- X-radiation; case studies; chemical composition; environmental impact; home furnishings; hydrochloric acid; insecticides; leaching; magnetic separation; packaging; pulp and paper industry; rocks; sieving; spectroscopy; Brazil
- ... Soapstone is a metamorphic rock that is used for ornamental and construction purposes. Rock recovery during the exploitation process is low. Quarries in the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil sell small and low-quality blocks to artisans, who produce pans and souvenirs. This activity constitutes the main economic activity in several places within the Ouro Preto region, such as Santa Rita. Soapstone a ...
- Campos, Lucila M.S.
- Journal of cleaner production 2012 v.32 pp. 141-148
- certification; compliance; management systems; pollution control; small and medium enterprises; small businesses; surveys; t-test; Brazil
- ... Environmental Management Systems (or EMSs) have become an important tool for those organizations looking to manage their environmental issues such as pollution prevention, legal compliance, and minimizing the impacts their activities cause to the environment. Indeed, the benefits of having an EMS and ISO 14001 certification are mainly realized by large organizations, as small to medium enterprises ...