Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, M.L.M.; Lima, R.M.F.
- Journal of cleaner production 2012 v.32 pp. 149-156
- X-radiation; case studies; chemical composition; environmental impact; home furnishings; hydrochloric acid; insecticides; leaching; magnetic separation; packaging; pulp and paper industry; rocks; sieving; spectroscopy; Brazil
- ... Soapstone is a metamorphic rock that is used for ornamental and construction purposes. Rock recovery during the exploitation process is low. Quarries in the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil sell small and low-quality blocks to artisans, who produce pans and souvenirs. This activity constitutes the main economic activity in several places within the Ouro Preto region, such as Santa Rita. Soapstone a ...
- Negny, S.; Belaud, J.P.; Cortes Robles, G.; Roldan Reyes, E.; Ferrer, J. Barragan
- Journal of cleaner production 2012 v.32 pp. 101-113
- case studies; chemical engineering; concrete; engineers; environmental impact; guidelines; industry; problem solving; sustainable technology
- ... Chemical industries have the potential to become a driving force to introduce efficient production practices for reducing the negative impact on the environment. In order to meet these environmental challenges, innovation is a key factor in turning the concept of green growth into a reality through the development of eco-friendly technologies and sustainable production. Therefore, to accelerate an ...