Jump to Main Content
- Žarković, Darja B.; Todorović, Žaklina N.; Rajaković, Ljubinka V.
- Journal of cleaner production 2011 v.19 no.6-7 pp. 764-774
- alum; biological treatment; case studies; cost effectiveness; ecosystem services; polyacrylamide; pulp and paper mills; wastewater; water purification
- ... In this study, the performance and the efficiency of physico-chemical effluent treatment in a paper mill was investigated, with the aim of evaluating the treatment rationality and running stability. The effluent treatment plant (ETP) uses alum as a coagulant and polyacrylamide as a flocculant in multi-stage water purification. Inadequate efficiency and some operational problems were observed and t ...
- Waheed, Bushra; Khan, Faisal I.; Veitch, Brian; Hawboldt, Kelly
- Journal of cleaner production 2011 v.19 no.6-7 pp. 720-732
- economic development; energy requirements; fuzzy logic; higher education; multi-criteria decision making
- ... Evaluation of sustainability in various facets of life is gaining increasing importance. Traditionally, different multi-criteria decision-making methods have been used for sustainability assessment. “Sustainability” can be a qualitative concept, and as such several researchers have attempted fuzzy logic for the quantitative assessment of sustainability. This paper outlines a new evaluation model b ...