Jump to Main Content
- Mikulčić, Hrvoje; Klemeš, Jiří Jaromír; Vujanović, Milan; Urbaniec, Krzysztof; Duić, Neven
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.136 pp. 119-132
- bottom ash, etc ; alternative fuels; byproducts; carbon dioxide; cement; coal; combustion; desulfurization; energy efficiency; fly ash; global warming; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; gypsum; heat; incinerators; life cycle assessment; manufacturing; mathematical models; municipal solid waste; power plants; raw materials; renewable energy sources; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The cement production industry worldwide is one of the largest CO2 emitting industrial sectors. It accounts for a considerable amount of total global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Due to the increasing awareness of global warming, more energy efficient cement production is increasingly being emphasized. One of the priorities is to reduce the energy demand and innovate the production process to m ...
- Starr, Katherine; Talens Peiro, Laura; Lombardi, Lidia; Gabarrell, Xavier; Villalba, Gara
- Journal of cleaner production 2014 v.76 pp. 32-41
- bottom ash, etc ; absorption; air pollution; biogas; carbon; carbon dioxide; ecosystem services; electricity; environmental impact; incinerators; life cycle assessment; mineralization; municipal solid waste; pollution control; potassium hydroxide; sodium hydroxide; wastewater; water reuse; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Carbon mineralization is a promising process for carbon dioxide (CO2) capture and storage, and it can also be applied for biogas upgrading. This paper uses a life cycle assessment to identify possible methods of improving and reducing the environmental impact of novel biogas upgrading technologies. The two novel pilot-scale technologies that are assessed are alkaline absorption with regeneration ( ...