Jump to Main Content
- Kang, Lixia, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.192 pp. 542-552
- aromatic compounds; catalysts; catalytic cracking; environmental impact; fuel oils; gasoline; hydrogen; hydrogenation; mathematical models; nitrogen; petroleum; reaction kinetics; sulfur
- ... Minimizing hydrogen consumption in hydrotreating (HDT) units is increasingly important as more heavy and sour crude oil are processed in refineries. A fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) unit commonly links the vacuum gas oil HDT unit with the cracked diesel and the cracked gasoline HDT units. In the course of processing, undesired impurities, such as sulfur, nitrogen and aromatics, pass from the upstr ...
- Kang, Lixia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.136 pp. 89-98
- case studies; compressors; electric motors; electricity; energy; environmental impact; industry; life cycle assessment; models; pumps; steam; turbines
- ... In process industries, a steam system is usually constructed to satisfy the demands of steam and electricity in a plant, in which steam turbines and electric motors are commonly used to drive rotating equipment, such as pumps and compressors. In this paper, a multi-objective optimization model for the design of a steam system with drivers option for rotating equipment is proposed to simultaneously ...