Jump to Main Content
- Marinello, Francesco, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.179 pp. 357-367
- animal products; animal welfare; ecological footprint; energy; environmental management; greenhouse gas emissions; human nutrition; issues and policy; livestock; natural resources; pollution; social welfare; sustainable agriculture; vegetable products; wastes
- ... The world population is increasing, and the human diet is becoming of considerable concern for human welfare. Furthermore, natural resources are overexploited, and governments need policies for the proper management of the environment. Sustainable agriculture can provide some solutions, as it minimizes inputs, wastes or pollution. The aim of the present study is to provide a combined analysis of d ...
- Marinello, Francesco, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.172 pp. 4099-4109
- anaerobic digestion; bioenergy; biomass production; byproducts; carbon dioxide; emissions; energy; feedstocks; fossil fuels; grasses; greenhouse gases; inventories; land restoration; landscape management; riparian areas; spatial data; supply chain
- ... More sustainable scenarios in the bioenergy sector can be achieved when biomass exploitation is based on eco-efficient supply chains. Regarding this, grass as a by-product obtained from landscape management could provide a large quantity of biomass potentially utilizable in the Anaerobic Digestion (AD) supply chain.This study assessed the energy and greenhouse gases (GHG) impacts of grass obtained ...