Jump to Main Content
- Shehzad, Khurram; Xie, Chang; He, Junyong; Cai, Xingguo; Xu, Weihong; Liu, Jinhuai
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 155-164
- active sites; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; arsenic; arsenites; cost effectiveness; groundwater; health hazards; ions; iron; ligands; magnetism; models; nanoparticles; orange peels; oxidation; porosity; sorption isotherms; surface area; wastes; water pollution
- ... Increasing exposure to arsenic (As) contaminated ground water has become a global health hazard to humanity. Suitable adsorbent for As removal from water, especially for As(III) than As(V), is an urgent but still a challenging task. In this study, waste orange peel (OP) was modified with magnetic nanoparticles followed by calcination as a novel adsorbent and investigated for instantaneous oxidatio ...
- Yao, Jun; Yao, Shanshan; Gao, Fei; Duan, Limei; Niu, Mutong; Liu, Jinghai
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 434-439
- active sites; capacitance; electrical conductivity; electrodes; electrolytes; graphene; graphene oxide; manganese; manganese oxides; nanohybrids; oxidation; sodium sulfate; surface area
- ... Nanostructure Mn3O4 is a promising pseudocapacitive electrode material due to its low cost, environmental compatibility, and intrinsically high capacity. However, the poor electrical conductivity and low accessible active sites limit its performance. We report that one-dimensional (1D) nanoscale Mn3O4 has been coupled with reduced graphene oxide (RGO) to fabricate RGO/Mn3O4 nanohybrid (MORGO) as a ...