Jump to Main Content
- Shehzad, Khurram; Xie, Chang; He, Junyong; Cai, Xingguo; Xu, Weihong; Liu, Jinhuai
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 155-164
- active sites; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; arsenic; arsenites; cost effectiveness; groundwater; health hazards; ions; iron; ligands; magnetism; models; nanoparticles; orange peels; oxidation; porosity; sorption isotherms; surface area; wastes; water pollution
- ... Increasing exposure to arsenic (As) contaminated ground water has become a global health hazard to humanity. Suitable adsorbent for As removal from water, especially for As(III) than As(V), is an urgent but still a challenging task. In this study, waste orange peel (OP) was modified with magnetic nanoparticles followed by calcination as a novel adsorbent and investigated for instantaneous oxidatio ...
- Miandad, R.; Kumar, Rajeev; Barakat, M.A.; Basheer, C.; Aburiazaiza, A.S.; Nizami, A.S.; Rehan, M.
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 402-410
- adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; carbon; coprecipitation; crystal structure; models; oxides; pH; pollutants; polystyrenes; porosity; pyrolysis; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature; wastewater
- ... A low-cost novel carbon-metal double layered oxides (C/MnCuAl-LDOs) nano-adsorbent was synthesized by co-precipitation, for the adsorption of Congo red (CR), using modified carbon derived from pyrolysis of polystyrene (PS) plastic waste. The synthesized C/MnCuAl-LDOs has a crystalline structure with a high surface area of 60.43m²/g and pore size of 99.85Å. Adsorption of CR using all prepared adsor ...