Jump to Main Content
- Miandad, R.; Kumar, Rajeev; Barakat, M.A.; Basheer, C.; Aburiazaiza, A.S.; Nizami, A.S.; Rehan, M.
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 402-410
- adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; carbon; coprecipitation; crystal structure; models; oxides; pH; pollutants; polystyrenes; porosity; pyrolysis; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature; wastewater
- ... A low-cost novel carbon-metal double layered oxides (C/MnCuAl-LDOs) nano-adsorbent was synthesized by co-precipitation, for the adsorption of Congo red (CR), using modified carbon derived from pyrolysis of polystyrene (PS) plastic waste. The synthesized C/MnCuAl-LDOs has a crystalline structure with a high surface area of 60.43m²/g and pore size of 99.85Å. Adsorption of CR using all prepared adsor ...
- Zhao, Baoqin; Shao, Qian; Hao, Luhan; Zhang, Li; Liu, Zhen; Zhang, Bing; Ge, Shengsong; Guo, Zhanhu
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 39-47
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; aqueous solutions; ceric oxide; coprecipitation; hydrogen peroxide; iron; irradiation; microparticles; nanoparticles; nitrates; oxygen; photocatalysis; photolysis; reflectance spectroscopy; scanning electron microscopy; surface area; yeasts
- ... Fe-doped cerium oxide (CeO2) hollow microspheres were successfully synthesized by a simple co-precipitation route using yeast asa bio-template and nitrate as the oxide precursor. The products were characterized by scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, N2 adsorption–desorption isotherms and UV–Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy. It was found that the p ...