Jump to Main Content
- Shehzad, Khurram; Xie, Chang; He, Junyong; Cai, Xingguo; Xu, Weihong; Liu, Jinhuai
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 155-164
- active sites; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; arsenic; arsenites; cost effectiveness; groundwater; health hazards; ions; iron; ligands; magnetism; models; nanoparticles; orange peels; oxidation; porosity; sorption isotherms; surface area; wastes; water pollution
- ... Increasing exposure to arsenic (As) contaminated ground water has become a global health hazard to humanity. Suitable adsorbent for As removal from water, especially for As(III) than As(V), is an urgent but still a challenging task. In this study, waste orange peel (OP) was modified with magnetic nanoparticles followed by calcination as a novel adsorbent and investigated for instantaneous oxidatio ...
- Zhao, Baoqin; Shao, Qian; Hao, Luhan; Zhang, Li; Liu, Zhen; Zhang, Bing; Ge, Shengsong; Guo, Zhanhu
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 39-47
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; aqueous solutions; ceric oxide; coprecipitation; hydrogen peroxide; iron; irradiation; microparticles; nanoparticles; nitrates; oxygen; photocatalysis; photolysis; reflectance spectroscopy; scanning electron microscopy; surface area; yeasts
- ... Fe-doped cerium oxide (CeO2) hollow microspheres were successfully synthesized by a simple co-precipitation route using yeast asa bio-template and nitrate as the oxide precursor. The products were characterized by scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, N2 adsorption–desorption isotherms and UV–Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy. It was found that the p ...