Jump to Main Content
- Shehzad, Khurram; Xie, Chang; He, Junyong; Cai, Xingguo; Xu, Weihong; Liu, Jinhuai
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 155-164
- active sites; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; arsenic; arsenites; cost effectiveness; groundwater; health hazards; ions; iron; ligands; magnetism; models; nanoparticles; orange peels; oxidation; porosity; sorption isotherms; surface area; wastes; water pollution
- ... Increasing exposure to arsenic (As) contaminated ground water has become a global health hazard to humanity. Suitable adsorbent for As removal from water, especially for As(III) than As(V), is an urgent but still a challenging task. In this study, waste orange peel (OP) was modified with magnetic nanoparticles followed by calcination as a novel adsorbent and investigated for instantaneous oxidatio ...
- Purbia, Rahul; Paria, Santanu
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.511 pp. 463-473
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; ambient temperature; catalysts; catalytic activity; ferric oxide; gold; green tea; hydrogenation; lint cotton; maghemite; magnetic materials; magnetic properties; magnetic separation; magnetism; nanogold; p-nitrophenol; palladium; reducing agents; silver; surface area
- ... The noble metal nanocatalysts on high surface area magnetic material supports have huge technological importance in the field of catalysis. The green synthesis of magnetic-noble metal hybrid material has another technological importance. In this study, we report a novel, efficient, and sustainable synthesis methodology for Au nanoparticles (NPs) deposited hierarchical magnetic maghemite (γ-Fe2O3) ...